Hello everyone. Welcome to Parenthood for Me. This blog was created when my husband and I started our non profit corporation Parenthood for Me. Our mission is to provide financial and emotional support, along with education tools for those building families through adoption or medical intervention.y
My husband and I did ART unsuccessfully for 4 years. Deciding it was more important to be parents that get pregnant, we moved on to adoption in 2007. Our son came home from Korea in June 2008. We are beaming parents to an absolutely wonderful 2 year old.
Here is my latest Top 10 about my son Luv Bug:
1. He is now calling me "Mom" instead of Mommy; he sounds like a teen-ager yelling up the stairs at me
2. We have a rock star potty trainer on our hands. I bought Elmo underwear yesterday and he was so excited. (who are we kidding. I was was so excited to think diapers may be gone soon)
3. He can now count to 15
4. He is trying to say truck but it comes out like F*@k.
5. We have graduated to sneakers without velcro. This is a big deal for him.
6. At my mother's house he gingerly carried in a $300 antique bowl from the dining room. Aagghh
7. He calls my husband AJ instead of Dada (Sometimes. It's very funny)
8. He has complete conversations with me in babble. He cannot wait to talk in full sentences.
9. Our dog Lucy is his hero. He wants to be just like her. He spins around in circles before sitting down just like Lucy.
10. He made up his own song about Pizza- his favorite food.